COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The types of personal information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below.
Personal Information You Provide Directly to Us
We collect personal information directly from you, when you engage in any of the activities listed below:
- Place an order from our website;
- Visit our website or mobile apps, including furnishing information we may request or require;
- Return an item or make an exchange from a previous purchase;
- Inquire about our products or services;
- Contact us to request assistance or provide feedback, including correspondence with Customer Service;
- Create an online account and profile;
- Subscribe to receive our emails;
- Enter a contest;
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion.
The types of personal information we collect directly from you may include your name, email address, IP address, postal address, phone number, gender, birthday, marketing preferences, product preferences, account information (such as account password), payment information, and information you provide to Customer Service.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect personal information when you access and use our Services. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Networking and device information, such as your browser type, hardware model, operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, and language settings;
- Information about your activity on our Services, such as your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services;
- Information about your purchases or transactions with us, including records of products or services you have purchased, returned or are considering purchasing from us;
- Information collected via cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, including information about your browsing behavior, purchase behavior, and other engagement with our Services;
- Geolocation in accordance with your device permissions.
Personal Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address or that you are interested in purchasing a certain type of clothing based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to provide you with the best possible customer experience. Specifically, we use personal information to:
- Provide our products and services, complete transactions and as otherwise needed to carry out our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions and other information;
- Administer and fulfill our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions and deliver rewards;
- Identify, report and repair errors that impair the functionality of our Services;
- Analyze trends and statistics, learn more about your shopping preferences and your interaction with our Services, and improve your shopping experience;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information for the purposes described below:
- With our Service Providers. We share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, processing payments, conducting analytics, providing logistics services, etc. We contractually restrict these service providers from making any other use or disclosure of your information.
- With other Entities for Marketing Purposes. We may share your name, postal address, and shopping history with like-minded organizations whose privacy policies meet the Direct Marketing Association’s privacy standards, for their direct mail marketing purposes. From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe are trustworthy and rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information, demographic information, and purchase history. If you want to opt-out of this sharing, please contact us.
- In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. Personal information may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Summer Serenity Lda.
- With our Professional Advisors. We share personal information with our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of Sal&Pimenta’s business or operations.
- With Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We may share personal information about you, if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Summer Serenity Lda or others.
- With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when we have your consent, or you intentionally direct us, to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of the Services, such as writing a product review, you consent to the disclosure of any personal information you provide in connection with your post.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Microsoft or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
We regularly use browser tracking cookies.
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our Services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
USE OF CONTENT
When you transmit, upload, post, e-mail or otherwise make available data, text, photographs, graphics, images, software, music, sound, videos, messages or other materials (“Content”) on or to www.salandpimenta.com; through our hashtags; on or to any other website, microsite, social media page or any other internet property owned, operated or sponsored by Sal&Pimenta, you are entirely responsible for such Content. Such Content constitutes a Submission as defined below. This means that you, and not Sal&Pimenta or its affiliates, are responsible for any Content that you post to any Sal&Pimenta Sites. Any inquiries, feedback, suggestions, ideas or other information or Content you provide us, including submitting your name, address, social media handle, any accompanying text, and an image or images from your Facebook®, Twitter®, Instagram ®, Snapchat®, Pinterest® and other social media site account(s), using any of our hashtags (collectively, “Submissions”) will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which hereby is acknowledged, by uploading, posting, e-mailing or otherwise submitting Submissions to any of the Sal&Pimenta sites, you grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Summer Serenity Lda and its affiliates an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, telecast, copy, perform, display, reproduce, edit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from and otherwise exploit the Submissions, or any portion thereof, in any manner (including without limitation promotional and advertising purposes) and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Submissions, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing without any compensation to you or to any third party.
You also acknowledge that your Submissions will not be returned and Summer Serenity Lda and its affiliates may use your Submissions, and any ideas, concepts or know-how contained therein, without payment of money or any other form of consideration, for any purpose including advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. If you make a Submission, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your Submission and you are at least thirteen (13) years of age. By making a Submission, you hereby warrant that your Submission is your original creation, has not been copied, recreated, reproduced, previously published, derived from or otherwise taken in whole or in part from any other work and the Submission does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws or regulations.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. Our website is a general audience site. We do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13 without their parent’s consent. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’s online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the web.